This qualification provides a preface to teaching in the life-long learning sector. It is ideal for those already teaching with no formal qualifications or those looking to enter the post-16 education sector; as Teachers / Trainers / Tutors in the Lifelong Learning Sector and Adult / Community Education, Trainers of personnel in commerce, industry, beauty, public and voluntary sectors or HM Forces Technicians and Support Staff in Further and Adult Education, Part time teachers in further and adult education provided they are qualified in the subject area, however, they intend to teach by virtue of holding an appropriate professional qualification or employed in a training/teaching role.
These qualifications have the purpose of demonstrating competence in an occupational role
- This qualification is made up of 3 units
- Unit one title
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Unit two title
- Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training
- Unit three title
- Understanding assessment in education and training
What I will learn from this course?
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training is an introduction to teaching that will give an insight into the roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training, how to plan and deliver inclusive teaching sessions and how to assess and give constructive feedback.
- · The roles and responsibilities of a teacher / trainer in education & training
- · Relationships between education and training
- · Inclusive teaching approaches to meet the needs of learners
- · Principle of assessment in Education and Training
- · How to create a safe and supportive learning environment
- · How to motivate learners
- · Planning, delivery and evaluation of inclusive teaching and training
- · Different assessment methods
- · How to recognise and deal with potential problems
- · Teaching equipment and aids
- · Practical teaching sessions (Teaching concept and Technique).
How to write portfolio at Level 3:
At Level 3, you will be required to explain, describe and summarise teaching and learning concepts. Level 3 requires end of unit referencing.
How long is the training course?
It has been designed to be completed by 3 Days depending on past experience and personal capabilities / competence.
Class Based Course:
Please note: After 3 days in the class, you will be given 3 weeks deadline to submit your portfolio. However if you finish earlier, your certificate will be awarded early as long as you meet the required standard.
No formal examination is required for this course, but at the end of the course you need to submit a portfolio.
All candidates are required to complete the assessment criteria in a manner appropriate to the purpose of the qualification. The prescribed assessment methods for this qualification should not unfairly disadvantage candidates, who would otherwise be able to demonstrate competence in the assessment criteria and in line with the purpose of the qualification. If you feel the assessment methods above would disadvantage you please contact your centre to discuss reasonable adjustment.